World Expo and Dubai?
The World Expo event is determined by the Paris based an intergovernmental organization - Bureau International Des Expositions (BIR) which decides the host city. The World Expo takes place in different countries with a new theme every five years and continues over a period of six months. The Last expo was held in Milan in 2015 and the upcoming Expo 2020 is to be held in Dubai from 1st October 2021 to 31st March 2022 Dubai EXPO 2020 Start and Finish Dates? Dubai EXPO 2020 was originally scheduled to start from 20th October 2020 to 10th April 2021, however it has been now postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The new dates of Dubai Expo are from 1st October 2021 to 31st March 2022. Here is all you need to know about Dubai Expo 2020. It will be open seven days a week, from 10:00 am to 01:00 am on weekdays and 10:00am to 02:00 am on weekends and special day. Book now Dubai EXPO Package for 4 nights 5 Days.
Where is Expo held in Dubai?
The Dubai Expo Site - The Dubai South district measuring 4.38 sq.km is the place which will host the entire event. The Dubai south district is close to Al Maktoum International Airport and within easy reach of Dubai International Airport, Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai and Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminals. Amidst the site is the central Pavilion – AL Wasl Plaza is the key hub and connects the 3 high districts named after the expo sub themes, other attractions including UAE pavilion etc. The AL Wasl Plaza is designed and filled with fountains, parks, and dome of 65 metres high which opens to the sky with 360-degree projection screen in the night. In addition to the various pavilions, the Expo site comprises of Performance park, children’s park, and expo village. 80% of the infrastructure is to be reused after the Expo 2020 and is developed as a part of sustainability project.
What is the purpose of Dubai Expo 2020?
Dubai is all set to host the biggest and grandest ever Expo 2020. Millions of people across the world are looking forward to gathering the largest event in Dubai – The Dubai Expo 2020 – the world’s biggest event after the FIFA World Cup and Olympics.
What exactly is Expo 2020?
Main Theme of Dubai Expo is “Connecting minds, creating the future”
Dubai Expo 2020 is a mega international event, intends to connect people and ideas from various corners of the world, under one roof. Starting in October 2021, the Expo 2020 will run until March 2022, with participants from almost 190 countries. The Dubai South district measuring 4.38 sq.km is the place which will host the entire event. Representatives will get chance to display their innovation in the field of science and technology, architectural developments and achievements at their dedicated pavilions set up for each country.
The Expo 2020 is an international platform to promote various cultures and reinforce connectivity, global relations. Expo 2020 aims in development and growth on a global level. The Expo emphasis on the three sub themes of the expo – Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability. As the titles of each sub theme indicates - the Expo is a common platform to unleash inner capabilities of individuals or community, enhance the movement of people in the modern era and also focus on sustainable solutions and ideas which protect the ecosystem as a whole. The Dubai Expo forecasts to create huge job opportunities in the country while it has positive impacts on the region’s economy especially in the tourism, hospitality, banking, real estate, and trade.
What are the Attractions and exclusive events at Expo 2020?
1. Explore the jaw-dropping creations and architectural brilliance at the Expo 2020 venue.
2. The perfect venue for food lovers to boost up their taste buds as the food scene at the Expo 2020 will include everything from budget-friendly options to Michelin Stars and futuristic dining experiences.
3. Over 60 family-friendly shows each day. Plenty of attractions & things to do in Dubai EXPO for kids. Include parades, creative and inventive games for kids, 3D printing, pop-ups, guest appearances, one-off events and much more.
4. Brilliant performances by world class performers and celebrities from all over the world.
5. Appreciate and enjoy the living canvas where you can admire beautiful artistic creations by local and international talents.
6. Cultural insights and experience include AL Wasl Opera, fashion shows, dance shows and digital theatre shows offering vibrant experience throughout the six-month long event.
Don’t miss out the break taking attractions lined up as a part of Expo 2020.
• Cool down under the shade of the national tree, Al Ghaf. You get to see the palm groves, jasmine trees, wadi figs and desert scenery all around.
• Get a breathtakingly wonderful bird’s eye view from the top of the rotating observation tower. - the Ain Dubai and explore the Blue Water Island.
• Visit the Dubai Frame or enjoy a captivating view of Dubai from AT the Top of Burj Khalifa- the worlds tallest tower.
• Explore the regions culture and heritage such as the Dubai Museum, Bastakiya, Sheikh Mohammed centre of culture and understanding, the Deira Creek, Dubai Spice Market, Dhow cruise dinner etc.
• Book Dubai Desert safari for complete adventure and to enjoy the tranquillity of the Arabian desert.
How is Dubai all geared up to host Expo 2020?
When we learn the history of UAE, we understand that UAE has shown the world how is possible to rise from a Desert land to a modern, rich, vibrant tourist hub on the world map. With Expo 2020, Dubai will go a step further in stirring up the next generation to create innovations that will be a foundation for human progress in the next coming years.
Dubai is already a vibrant destination with prestigious records and top-rated attractions. The developments of this ever-developing Emirate never seem to cease, especially when it has been awarded the opportunity to host a mega international event. Dubai is all geared up to make the Expo 2020 the best event ever in the history of World Expo.
Let’s take a quick glance on how the city is ready to host approx 190 countries and around 25 million people during the 06-month long event.
1. Investment of over 25 billion dirhams to revamp the city’s infrastructure for Expo 2020.
2. There will be three districts name after the events sub-theme – Opportunity, Mobility, and sustainability, which will take up over 222,000 sq. mts.
3. The Dubai Expo venue will include pavilion with exhibition areas, an auditorium, food and beverage outlets, and VIP lounges etc
4. Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park will largely contribute in implementing the event’s theme, providing to the expo’s energy demands and minimizing the region’s carbon footprint.
5. Dedicated metro route has been developed for the Expo 2020 event with capacity to transport 36,000 passengers in an hours’ time.
6. Accommodation facilities, over 100,000 hotel rooms cater to the large flow of tourists during the event
7. An array of Dubai remarkable attractions and projects are all set to excite and entertain visitors. Some of the top attractions in Dubai include the Ain Dubai, Dubai Frame, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Creek tower, Dubai Canal, Blue Waters Island etc…
8. Efforts are taken to offer accessibility for everyone including the “people of determination” to recognise their achievement in different fields. Onsite services include rentals of wheelchairs, electric convenience vehicles etc.
Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to visit Dubai during the mega captivating event – The Expo 2020. Get in touch with us to plan your Dubai trip, our round the clock expertise will be willing to answer your queries on this much awaited mega event.